Complaints Procedure

It is presumed that the majority of complaints that parents may hold about the education of their child will be dealt with between the parents concerned and their child’s teacher. 

However, if after speaking with the class teacher, complaints are still unresolved, parents should then refer the matter to the head teacher.   In the unlikely event that the head teacher is unable to resolve a complaint, parents should request a copy of the school’s Policy for Complaints and submit their written complaint to the Chair of Governors c/o Heart of the Forest Community Special School.  Complaints are a valuable source of information about how well the school is performing and the head teacher logs all complaints that are referred to her so that the Senior Leadership Team can consider the substance of any complaints.  In addition the head teacher survey’s the views of parents once each academic year to help inform parent partnership working.